LITTLE ACORNS HISTORY IN BRIEF
Little Acorns School is located at Fajara A Section Pipeline, and is approved by the Ministry of Basic And Secondary Education. Little Acorns School was established in 2010 with a view of providing quality and affordable education and impacting individual to impact the world in a conducive Teaching and Learning Environment. Our mission is to be among the best 10 school in The Gambia preparing the pupils for a better tomorrow academically, socially, physically, and highly disciplined students for future leaders of the Gambia. Little Acorns School started as Daycare in 2010 with one pupil and today the school has grown from daycare to primary level (ie up to grade 6) with over 190 pupils. Little Acorns School is one of the fastest growing Day Care and Nursery and Primary School in Pipe Line, Fajara, KMC, The Gambia.
To provide quality and affordable education and Impacting individual to impact the world in a conducive Teaching and Learning Environment
Our mission is to be the best school in The Gambia Preparing the pupils for a better tomorrow academically, socially, physically, and highly disciplined students for future leaders of the Gambia
HOME WORK POLICY
Home works is an evaluation test given to the children to do at home. It also allows the pupil to do the assignment at his or her own free time and speed, it also offers the parent the opportunity to see what the children are doing at school.
Parents are kindly requested to support their children and be part of their learning process. The school’s stand on home work is very important aspect of the educational process of making the best out of the children in pursuing their goals in life.
The children are therefore given home work every day of the school week. Parents are encouraged to make sure that children do their home work every day. Children who refuse to do their home work would be punished.
Pupils should respect all teachers, ancillary staff as well as their fellow students and schools property. Due attention should be given to school property.
A good student should be full of discipline. No gambling, fighting, insulting or bullying would be tolerated. Constant bad behaviors can make the school administration call attention of the parent/guardian.
DRESS CODE POLICY
Students are required to dress smartly in the prescribed school uniform only whilst in school.
Teachers must also be in uniform during school days. Friday is exceptional for teachers to wear uniform.
Fanciful earrings and bangles are not permitted while in uniform. Modest dressing is commendable.
Pupils and teachers would not be allowed in class without approved uniform.
HEALTH AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT POLICY
To ensure a healthy and safe environment for both staff and students of the school, daily cleansing of the inn and out of the school is required.
The cleaner(s) are solely responsible for cleaning the school daily. Food vendors should always make sure that fresh food is at the school. Toilet should be kept clean throughout the week.
SEXUAL HARASSMENT POLICY
- In healthy relationships, no one should be engaged in sexual or inappropriate physical contact with children or teachers.
- Undesirable looks or comments (verbal and non verbal) are not accepted. As well as entertaining jovial language that can lead to love issues.
- No one should socialize with pupils or teachers in an unacceptable manner in or out of school.
- Mode of dressing of both teachers and pupils should be checked. No one is allowed to dress in a way that shows his or her privacy, Eg like wearing transparent, very short or tight dresses or trousers or make up.
- Teachers and pupils should not hold hands or come too close to one another or make any sexual advancement towards each other.
- No male or female teacher should completely isolate himself or herself with a male or female pupil without the consent of his or her parent.
- Teachers are not allowed to show pornographic pictures of films to any pupil in order to induce him or her.
- No teacher should send a student to his or her house
- The opposite sexes should not share the same toilet.
- No demand for sexual favors in exchange of favorable treatment by seniors.
- All cases of rape, abduction and defilement should be reported forthwith to the relevant authorities
- Victim of sexual harassment should be treated with maximum confidentiality.
- Students with special needs should not be harassed of abused
- All grievances of sexual harassment must be addressed as quickly as possible in the appropriate manner.
PARENT CLASSROOM POLICY
NO PARENT WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER ANY CLASSROOM BETWEEN 8AM AND 3:30PM
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION SIGNED THE SCHOOL MANAGEMENT
NOTICE TO PARENT
STUDENTS’ COUNSEL POLICY
- students must always look neat and tidy
- student must be in clean and ironed uniforms at all times
- they should always stock in their shorts and skits
- female students should not apply lip shine, eye browns and should not put on bangles
- councilors are not to play football or play akara before or during break time
- male students must always comb their hair and maintain low hair cut
- female students should always plait their hair
- Sweaters are recommended to be worn during the cold season (review)
- White socks are recommended for students to wear (review)
- No littering and eating in the classroom is allowed during class, and councilors not well dressed will be sent home
- Councilors found fighting will be removed as a councilor immediately
- Any students found fighting a councilor will be sent home to call his or her parents.
- The head boy and the head girl are responsible for the day to day supervision of the school and must be councilors
- Duties of the councilors include the following among others
- Inspection of children at assembly to make sure they appear neat and tidy
- Monitoring the school gate from Tuesday to Thursday (review)
- Carry out duties assigned to them by teachers, head boy or head girl
- Should always be in their class during lesions
- Should maintain peace in the school at all times
- Should inspect the students’ toilet daily
PARENT CLASSROOM POLICY
Due to constant occurrences of parents visiting their kids in the classrooms is really causing disturbances and distractions during the active period of our students in the school
The school management is using this medium to inform all our parents that from 1st term of 2018/2019 academic session, no parent will be allowed into any classroom between the hours of 8am to 3:30pm; instead, to see the admin department for any information you want to pass across to your kid(s)
This policy is to ensure a better and efficient learning for every student of Little Acorns School
- Must come to school early
- Keep quiet in the class
- Take permission before going to toilet
- Learn to say sorry whenever you cause any injury to your fellow classmate
- Do their homework
- Dress neatly
- Shouldn’t spit in the classroom or school environment
- Keep the class neat and tidy
CLASSROOM’S WALL POLICY
The classroom wall must be maintained clean and tidy. Any form of dirt or strange mark on the wall of any classroom will attract direct discipline and responsibility of such student and the concerned teacher.
Both the student and the teacher will be held accountable for their negligence towards the school property